Find me in Florence

The warm rubescent hues of the city’s roofs were a welcoming sight after a grueling climb to the top of Florence’s Duomo. The sun felt hotter 463 steps up, but the cooling breeze made up for it. My sister and I encircled the narrow platform, taking in unparalleled 360° views of the city below.

FullSizeRender 10
FullSizeRender 11
It was the beginning of our day trip to Florence and I was already wowed. Considering it was cool and rainy the first time I visited this city four years ago, I was more than happy to sit in the sun with these views all day. But there were more sights to be seen!

FullSizeRender 17
IMG_1202
A cup of tea and a cornetto were in need after our brisk morning exercise. We sat at an outdoor café, which offered a different view of the famous Duomo.

IMG_1201
IMG_1223
IMG_1198
We wandered to the Ponte Vecchio to take in the history and do some shopping before deviating to the food vendors along the river. We discovered the city through a tasting of its cannoli, bruschetta, gelato, vino, and pizza offerings.

IMG_1199
IMG_1193
IMG_1192
FullSizeRender 16
As the sun slowly retreated beneath the horizon, we witnessed Florence in a dazzling glow. The city’s yellow-washed buildings turned golden in the waning sunlight. I was able to capture the magic while walking to catch our train back to Rome. Florence, we’ll be back!

IMG_1191
FullSizeRender 15

1. Dave Does The Travel Thing

September 19th, 2017 at 12:24 pm

Florence is a great city, visited in 2014 and had a fun time. Nice pics, you captured a good Italian feel!

2. Girl With Glass

September 19th, 2017 at 12:28 pm

Thanks for reading, Dave! Florence is one of my favorite Italian cities – can’t wait to visit again 🙂

3. Adventures Abroad

September 19th, 2017 at 2:09 pm

your photos are incredible!

4. Girl With Glass

September 19th, 2017 at 2:32 pm

Thank you so much!

5. No Compass Wanders

December 7th, 2017 at 6:39 pm

Absolutely love your photos! And the views from the top of the Duomo are breathtaking! I am traveling to Florence for the first time next year and am considering climbing the Duomo. Do you feel like the climb is worth it? It seems a bit intimidating, but what an amazing view of the beautiful city from the top of the 400 + steps!

6. Girl With Glass

December 7th, 2017 at 11:02 pm

Thanks so much for reading about my trip! The hike to the top of the Duomo is cumbersome but SO worth it! Truly unmatched views of the city can be seen from the top. I hope you have a great trip to Florence!

7. No Compass Wanders

December 8th, 2017 at 4:28 am

Thank you for your reply! And I think I am going to climb the Duomo! Thank you – I can’t wait!